The responsibilities faced by employers can be intimidating but we can guide you through the processes, cost, calculations and deadlines relating to payroll
Meeting your obligations as an employer can be incredibly daunting especially with the introduction of Single Touch Payroll (STP). STP means employers will now share information with ATO on-or-before payments are made to employees, but your local AATBS Accountant is fully aware of the changes and uses ATO-approved, STP-compliant payroll software.
If you employ someone and pay them you will need to register as an employer, and then do the following:
- Provide the employee with a Tax file number declaration (NAT 3092)
- Complete Section B of your employee's Tax file number declaration
- Register for PAYG witholding
- Forward the completed original of the Tax file number declaration to the ATO within 14 days of the employees' start date
- Keep the necessary PAYG witholding records
We can advise you regarding all aspects of payroll preparation and compliance, making sure your calculations are correct and that you meet your deadlines and requirements. We can also offer advice on recruitment and staff retention, and provide human resource consultancy services through one of our approved suppliers.